Moms. Dads. Grandparents. Teachers.
We’ll get along really well if you’re also interested in…
- building strong family relationships during the best and worst of times
- understanding why your kids do and say what they do
- standing up for what’s important to you and setting authentic limits
- hanging out with other parents who want to trust that cooperation and peace are possible
- meeting everyone’s needs, without giving in or giving up, even though you doubt it’s possible many days
- creating a loving, collaborative co-parenting plan to support your changing family because you are one of a growing number of divorced parents who doesn’t want to drag your kids through a bitter custody battle
- taking an honest look at where you’re at, creating a vision of where you want to be, and taking simple, do-able steps to get you from here to there
- creating your own family lifestyle
- learning for life alongside your children and partner
- learning how to live with yours or your child’s “spiritedness” or strong will when it tests your stamina and you are stretched beyond your comfort zone each day
- giving your kids and yourself something you’ve never received or struggle to give to yourself…unconditional acceptance and love
- attachment parenting, the principles of nonviolence, and simple living
Out of chaos, peace is possible.
“Frequently people think compassion and love are merely sentimental. No! They are very demanding. If you are going to be compassionate, be prepared for action.” Archbishop Desmond Tutu (born 1931), Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wondering where to start?
- Subscribe for free monthly blogs, pod-casts, and updates. Click on the link to the right.
- Listen to Family Matters Radio every Sunday and learn about parenting from the heart; blended families; recovering from and supporting your kids with OCD, depression, and anxiety; breastfeeding; empathy; family from a teen’s perspective; living your dreams; living deeply; simplicity parenting; and much more…
- Read an article about what to do when your kids fight, transforming conflict into peace, collaborative divorce, transforming fear into curiosity, love is the best discipline, and more…
- Sign up for a parenting class.
- and be sure to come back to see new stuff every week!
“Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass…It is about learning to dance in the rain!” Anonymous
“Conflict is not optional. The way we respond to it is. Peace is a way of living with conflict rather than a way of living without it.” Dominic Barter, Restorative Circles
“When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.” Unknown
Concepts and strategies shared by Compassionate Solutions are ideas that have worked for our peers, assistants, students, clients, and friends. They are not specific advice for yourself or your family. Always use your own judgment and/or get the advice of professionals to find the right strategies for your particular situation.